As Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation specialists, we provide all patients suffering pain with a wide variety of modern pain management modalities.
Firstly we strive to provide the most reliable patient care and provide quality pain management. Furthermore, taking a comprehensive (whole-body) approach, treating the whole person ─ not just a medical condition. Our treatment is customized to meet the needs of each patient, consequently based upon their medical history and health situation.In conclusion, our mission is to restore as much function and independence as possible—to put the pieces of people’s lives back together for optimal good health and wellness.
Types of Pain:
- Acute pain is a type of pain that typically lasts less than three months or pain that is directly related to soft tissue damage such as a sprained ankle or a cut. Acute pain is of short duration, but it gradually resolves as the injured tissues heal.
- Chronic pain is often defined as any pain lasting more than three months. Whereas acute pain is a normal sensation that alerts us to possible injury, chronic pain is very different, and besides, it can often persist for months or even longer.
For instance, these pain-related conditions may consequently benefit from Pain Management:
- Fibromyalgia syndrome
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Chronic pain syndrome
- Neurological associated conditions such as ALS, Guillain Barre Syndrome, MS, Parkinson’s disease, neurodegenerative diseases
- Post spine laminectomy syndrome
- Neuropathic pain associated with diabetes, nerve compression, plexus injury, peripheral nerve injury, radiculopathy
- Post-herpetic (shingles) neuralgia
- Hereditary sensory motor neuropathy
- Chronic regional pain syndrome (CRPS) type I, II (reflex sympathetic dystrophy)
- Acute musculoskeletal pain (joints, muscle, ligament, tendon, spine)
- Pain related to rheumatologic conditions such as systemic lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ankylosis spondylitis, spondyloarthropathy